Saturday, January 2, 2010

SquiggleFly's New Releases


Today marks Squigglefly 's  1st release for 2010.
I am so excited about this new design team that I couldn't wait to get started on my cards.
This new image is called Rag Time Reader (artist: Cheryl Alger), I think  you will all agree with me when I say she's just gorgeous.


To create this card, I simply made the image the size I wanted, then printed it out on my computer printer. Next I coloured (as normal) with my favourite Prismacolor Pencils and blended with Odourless mineral spirits.
The finished card is square about 6"x6". The cardstock is Bazzill and the designer paper is from Basic Grey's 'two scoops' pad.
I finished off with a co-ordinating paper flower and a white heart 'sprinkle'.
Keep an eye out on my blog for the release of these sprinkles (this is a sneak peek, aren't they fabulous, I just know you will all want some)

Image available from Squiggle Fly
Sprinkles available from Annabelle Stamps

Until Next Time
Inking of you All
Michelle

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shell, I love these squiggle fly images, I've just bought a couple! Hope you had a great Chrrisy and new year. I Think of you all the time and hope you are doing well.
love ya,
Michelle O'H

Stef H said...

wow shell! this is gorgeous. i love those colors!!! very vintage!

hugs,

Heather said...

What a beautiful card!

Looking forward to working with you on the Squigglefly DT.

freida said...

HOW GORGEOUS! WOW...you really know how to work those pencils, GF! Your blending and shading is amazing! I'm so glad you made the SF team so I can see more! :) Congratulations!

Hugs~

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Michelle - it has been too long between visits...congratulations on your new DT - what a blessing you will be to them! This card is gorgeous Mishelle - love that image and the colours you have used! Gorgeous! I have just seen that you gave me an award a little while back - don't know how I missed it - thank you Michelle!! I will be back more regularly my friend!! Looking forward to seeing more! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}
PS - another of my friends is also a new DT for Squigglefly - Teri (the Brat!)

Anonymous said...

Aw SO sweet!!!

Carol Southern said...

Sweet, gorgeous and very pretty card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shell, do you heat set the image first? Mine is bleeding...

Holly Young said...

Michelle, your coloring on this is just exquisite. I love the softness. The paper is lovely and you've coordinated everything so perfectly! I'm so glad you are on the Squigglefly team!

Michelle said...

Dear Anonymus,
I do not heat set my images, they do sit for an or so before I get to colouring them in.
my printer is inkjet, the cardstock is unknown, I buy it from a store here in Canberra in bulk but it has no name. I also found SU whisper white is horrible to use.
Michelle