Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SquiggleFly Colour Challenge

Every Wednesday is Squigglefly's colour challenge, over on  SNR Card Universe. This week the colours Turquoise, Brown and Olive. I would never have thought to add olive to this colour combo but it works,

 The image I have used is a brand new release called 'Don't be scared'. Squigglefly (for those of you who are still not familiar with them) are digital images downloaded to your computer, can you tell the difference between this card and my others?
To make this card, I resized the image to the size I wanted, printed it out on white cardstock. I coloured as normal with my Prismacolor Pencils and blended with odourless mineral spirits. I did not heat set the image or do anything different.
I cut the image out using my petite oval nestabilities and the photo corner with an SU punch.
For the base card I have used turquoise criss-cross Bazzill and the brown layers are SU chocolate chip. The designer paper is from Dream Street Papers.
I have used olive rhinestones in the top left hand corner, the ribbon as you can see  is also chocolate and turquoise.
This image was such an easy one to colour, this card took approximately 30minutes from start to finish.

Until Next Time
Inking of you All
Michelle

4 comments:

Anita said...

Cute card! Great job with the color challenge.

Carol Southern said...

Gorgeous colours, dp and layout. Beautiful colouring too. Love it.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Michelle - this is so cute - I LOVE the colour combo - just gorgeous!! Gorgeous colouring, as usual! Thanks for sharing - you are so suited to these images Michelle, I look forward to seeing more! God bless you! {{{hugs}}} I hope we can catch up soon!

Heather said...

Beautiful card!