Monday, September 22, 2008

Wild Wet Weather

This card is just perfect for today's weather. Here in Canberra we have had beautiful spring days for the last week. Today started off no different, but by lunchtime the clouds rolled in and by dinner time it was cold, wet, very windy and down right miserable. We do desperately need the rain, but boy oh boy, I can't stand the strong gusty winds.
Well enough about the weather, what do you think of my card?
This image is made from several different stamps out of the Singing in the Rain set by Hanna Stamps.
For all of you who know me I sing the praises of Hanna Stamps quite loudly. I just love their fun and funky range of images. This set being just one of several of my faves.
So how did I colour this I hear you ask. First it was stamped in Black Brilliance ink and heat set. I coloured Hanna with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with odourless mineral spirits. The background is made to look like dark gloomy weather, it was done with grey and black chalks/ pastels.
To do the background properly I stamped another image of Hanna on to a scrap of paper and cut out right along the stamped outline. This is what is called a mask.
I placed the mask over top of my coloured Hanna. I then sponged the chalk all around the edges of my image. The mask prevents the chalk from getting on your image and making it dirty.


Here is another card using the same set. This time I created a snow scene rather than rain.

I paper pieced her coat in
coordinating DP, her
umbrella and dress were coloured
using Prismacolor pencils.
DP is from Imagine That.

If you look very closely you can see that there is snow (stickles) on the white background and also on her jacket.

Until next time
Inking of you all
Michelle

4 comments:

JenMarie said...

Ooo, these are totally FABULOUS!

Shirley said...

I love both of your cards. The colors and designs are just perfect. TFS

Trina said...

These are beautiful!! I love your coloring and the designer paper!

Anita said...

Your cards are so beautiful! You did a great job with making it look like rain.