Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Inspiration in Nature

It is Spring time here in Australia, and this is the most beautiful time of the year. Every year Canberra (my town) holds a flower fesival called Floriade. People from all over Australia even the world come to look at this gorgeous display of flowers .This festival only lasts for 4 weeks.
I spent the day with 2 lovely friends just wandering around in the sunshine basically enjoying the scenery. The weather is still a little chilly, but after all, we have just had winter.
I am not sure which flowers like the most. As Canberra is cold climate in winter the gardens are usually bulb flowers like Tulips, Hyacinths and Daffodils. There were also Poppies and they too were beautiful, I took the photo of them for a colour guide when colouring in my stamped images.
On display are also Floral Arrangements. This one above is done with a lot Native Australian Plants.They are most unusual to those of you who have never seen them before.This one has Waratahs and Banksias .
Last but not least, a beautiful Tulip, How stunning is this? Nature truly is magnificent. I can't wait for the next visit to Floriade, I have only 3 weeks left to enjoy.
Until Next time
Inking of you all
Michelle

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

Totally breathtaking! Stunning!