Saturday, February 13, 2010

Squigglefly Colour Challenge



I love the image I chose this week for the  Squigglefly.colour challenge. It is simply called Strawberries by artist Eline Pellinkhof. You can find the colour challenge on the Squigglefly SNR Card Universe forum. Each fortnight a different colour challenge is given this one is red, green and blue


Here is my card.
For something a bit different, I decided to watercolour my image with watercolour pencils. This is the first time I have watercoloured a digi image and I was quite impressed as the printer ink did not run or smudge.
First of all I chose the size for the strawberry basket then I also selested one of the loose strawbwrries and manipulated it in to several strawberries of various sizes. I coloured all then cut out the 3 smaller ones and mounted them using 'scrap dot's' silicone for some extra height. Unfortunately that is not obvious in this photo.
The card stock I used for my card is from the Bazzill criss cross range and are very nice strong and vibrant colours. The punched border was made using my band new Martha Stewart punch.The circles were cut using the nestabilites classic circle and pinking circle.The final touch was the organza ribbon. I don't often add bows but was pretty pleased with how thisone looked.

 I liked this colour combo so much I decided to make another card
.
The dump truck image has been repeated and is done in two different sizes.
I coloured the trucks in Prismacolor Pencils and blended with odourless mineral spirits. I used the same Bazzill cardstock as the strawberry card with the addition of black and bright blue card. I stamped Happy Birthday (by Stamp It Australia) in Black Brilliance ink on to the blue card.
The card size is DL and was a textured white. It looked a bit boring so I stamped the background with an old Hero Arts background stamp. I used Colorbox chalk ink in Amber Clay.Finally I layer it all together.

Until Next Time
Inking of you all
Michelle
 

14 comments:

Maria Matter said...

woohoo Michelle these are fabulous!!!
great job!!
Blessings, Maria

Lisa Summerhays said...

Adorable! Love those trucks!!

JP Card Crazy said...

Both cards are fantastic!!! Love the way you did the colors!

Judy

Holly Young said...

Both of these are really wonderful! I love the watercoloring on the first image, and the second card is a really fun one for a birthday boy!

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow Michelle you did a fabulous job on both cards! Excellent job coloring the images! The dump trucks are just too cute!

Heather said...

Very cute cards! I am really impressed with your watercoloring on the first card.

Christine said...

So cute! They are perfect for this weeks color challenge. That basket of strawberries looks yummy!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Jeanette said...

Wow!!! Beautiful watercoloring.

Catherine said...

Your two cards are great ! I adore Eline Pelinkhoff artwork and your card is a perfect setting for it ! Smiles from Catherine

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anne said...

Fab cards, those little trucks are great
Anne x

Carol Southern said...

Both cards are great Michelle. Like your layout on the first one. The second card is a real cutie.

Unknown said...

Those cards are so cute! The colors are so vibrant wonderful here!

Debby said...

Positively Fabulous!