Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's all in the details

Summer Fruits. This is the card I made for this weeks Flourishes Tuesday Chat Challenge on the Splitcoast forum. The Challenge this week was to make a card with a non- traditional fold. I still had the traditional fold in there but I added an an extra fold on the card front.
The fold is not so obvious front on so here is another angle for you to see it a little better.
The stamps are all from Flourishes
I have stamped the image (using the basic masking technique on the fruit and table see below) on whisper white cardstock and coloured with Prismacolor Pencils , I have blended the pencils using odourless mineral spirits.
The purple and green cardstock are all Bazzill and the designer papers are from the new Basic Grey pad "Eva".

In this 3rd photo you can see how I have mounted the sentiment in 3 layers. I have used the Nestabilities Petite Ovals. Top layer is the sentiment in contrasting green. The 2nd layer has a very small scalloped border. I have kept it the same colour as the 3rd layer, just to provide the card with a bit of detail without standing out to much.
The last of the small details is the dimensional magic on the fruit. This photo shows the masking at it's best. I stamped the bowl of fruit first, then the table. Without the use of masking the bowl of fruit would have the line of the table through it. You can also see the pencil shading I have used to give a flat stamped image more of a 3D appearance.

Until Next Time

Inking of you all

Michelle




1 comment:

Anita said...

Wow! I love your card. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful details.