Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ladybug Heaven

Flourishes Tuesday chat challenge was to 'create a scene'. I originally told the girls I wouldn't be participating as I only had 2 sets of Floral stamps. What on earth could I come up with. Well the dare was put to me and it did take me nearly to the cut off time, but here it is. Ladybug Heaven. Once I got going I just couldn't stop.
A lot of masking was involved but it wasn't all that hard, just a little fiddly. I have used: the magnolia text, the single branch, magnolia with branch, single magnolia, single leaf, ladybug and in the bottom left corner there is a grasshopper. All stamps come from the set called Lilacs.
I stamped it all in Basic brown ink on confetti white card, then colored with prismacolor pencils. The cardstock is all Bazzill. The pink base card was stamped with Rose Red ink. I stamped the magnolia with branch twice before re-inking.I repeated this until the base card was covered with magnolia's.
I was so happy with the effect considering when I started I had no idea what I was going to do. I hope you enjoy.
Until next time
Inking of you
Michelle

3 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh Michelle - This is simply GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and making a kind comment! Have a great weekend!

Joan said...

Wow! This is a stunner!

Shirley said...

Wow Michelle, congratulations on winning with this spectacular card. I am difinitely not surprised. It is really quite beautiful.