Sunday, August 24, 2008

All Torn Up - Challenge

This weeks 'Ways to use it' challenge on SCS, is All Torn Up, or paper tearing.
Isn't this stamp terrific, perfect for tearing. I just love it. It's called African Collage from 'My Stamps by Cathy Daulman '(a great Aussie stamp company.) I had the pleasure of doing several workshops with Cathy when she came to Canberra a couple of years ago for a Stamp Camp organised by our local stamp group .
Cathy is a truly amazing, talented, creative and very funny lady.
Anyway, back to the card. This image has been stamped on white cardstock with black ink and embossed with clear powder. It was then water coloured using markers and an aqua brush. Although very hard to see, the centre of the medallion has been embellished using an eyelet then enhanced with Diamond Glaze. I have torn around the base and side edge of the stamped image. I then layered it all together on to Bazzill cardstock, tearing the grey layer before adhering to the base card.
For a little more 'oomph' I added the extra small grey panel embedded with 3 eyelets.
This would make a great masculine card.
For more info on My Stamps click on the purple Link above. If you you leave Cathy a message, tell her I sent you.
Until next time
Inking of you all
Michelle

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Joan said...

Your cards are beautiful. This one is stunning!

Shirley said...

I love elephants and I love your card and how you designed it.