Sunday, July 12, 2009

Taking your cards 1 step further

Hi, today I am showing you 2 simple cards with one of Magnolia's new releases, This is Edwin and his Lizard.The first card shows you a very basic card with a few easy layers of designer paper. I chose to colour with my Prismacolor pencils blended with odourless mineral spirits.

This next card has gone that little bit further by adding more layers; First I punched the corners surrounding the stamped image, I also added some square brads for interest. Next I used rub-on words on to a punched circle.
This circle was then layered with foam mounting tape for height. Last but not least some dimensional magic (or crystal effects) was added to the lizard to give him a nice glossy sheen.
Though these cards a very similar it does make a difference when you 'take your cards that 1 step further'.
Until Next Time
Inking of you all
Michelle

No comments: