Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Love Roses, thanks Carol

'I Love Roses' is at the moment my new favourite stamp set from Flourishes. The Timeless Tuesday challenge over on the Flourishes Blog, is to use your favourite set. Let me tell you picking my favourite set was EXTREMELY difficult. I love all their sets.

At the moment I have not yet purchased this set but I would like to say a very big thank you to Carol Southern for sending me some pre stamped images.
Carol and I are both addicted to the Flourishes range and we have just done a swap amongst our selves. I hope Carol likes what I have sent her.

The Rose is stamped in Black ink and then I coloured this rose using Prismacolor pencils and have blended the colors together using odourless mineral spirits. I have used 3 different shades of red for the flower.
Here is a close up
I finished the card off by using Bazzill cardstock and Designer Paper by Kaiser Craft. (from their Christmas range).
I have embellished the card using a buckle cut from the spellbinders range and threaded it with 2 sizes of organza ribbon.
In Australia Flourishes stamps are available from Heavenscent Crafts

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter
Until Next time
Inking of you all
Michelle

5 comments:

Carol Southern said...

Wow Michelle this looks absolutely fantastic. What a beautiful job of the colouring you've done. Love your layout of the card too. Anytime you want some more images just call.

Anita said...

Beautiful card! It is great that you and Carol can share images.

Cheryl said...

This is stunning!!! You have coloured the rose beautifully! Thankyou for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment.A happy and safe Easter to you and your family.
xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Such an elegant card Michelle and I love the papers and your colouring, I hope your having a great bank holiday weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Michelle - this is just gorgeous!!! I agree this is an awesome Set - I love it too:)!!! You've made it looks fab with the long card ,your coloring and the sweet ribbon buckle!!!

Thank you for playing along this week!!! Hope you'll play again soon!!! ~S~