Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just One Layer

When was the last time you made a card that was a single layer? That long ago huh! You probably don't remember when it was. Am I right?
Well let me tell you that I am no different. But a couple of days ago I made this little beauty.
My Favorite Things guest designer challenge was to create a single layer card. You could use as many embellishments that you like etc, BUT no extra paper.
I stamped all images in Black Colorbox ink and embossed all of them with clear powder.
I then coloured them in using those fabulous Lyra watercolour crayons from Heavenscent Crafts and then I added some stickles glitter too add a little BLING to the card.
Last but not least I pulled out my Black Millennium pen and hand drew the lines and dots around the edge. The frame gave the card a more finished off feel to it.
Do a little experiment yourself: stamp and colour an image and then do it again this time adding your own frame. Compare the difference, it's huge. It's only scary the first time you do it, besides it is only paper. If you mess it up it's not the end of the world.

Until Next Time
Inking of you all
Michelle

3 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did it, great Michelle. I've been enjoying your cards for ages as I've said and visit regularly.

Anita said...

Cute card! I like the simplicity of the card.